With great enthusiasm, some share their works, saying, ‘For my personal logo, I drew a thousand sheets of paper because I believe that daily practice makes me better!’
Gently, someone writes, ‘Take a moment to admire yourself, to understand how magnificent and beautiful you truly are.’
Silently, others observe their emotions and thoughts as lines flowing across the blank pages, like lead on paper. Do you wonder what they see in that moment?
And listen, a friend at a nearby table hums a familiar tune. Surely, this friend is savoring the time to create something from within.
We invite parents and students to the ‘Ngan Nga’ exhibition to admire and appreciate the artworks created from unique emotions and perceptions. Through this, you can ‘listen’ to your own natural and transparent self.
is an art exhibition by students of the Foundation (8-11 years old) and Advanced (12+ years old) programs at the Visual Contemporary Art Academy of Vietnam (VCVAA). This exhibition is a token of gratitude to every student, parent, and teacher on their shared journey toward artistic freedom and openness. It also aims to acknowledge and cherish the artistic development of students, boosting their confidence and motivation to continue learning and practicing the art. For visitors, VCVAA hopes this exhibition will serve as a bridge to introduce the students’ art, stories, emotions, and more to the wider community.
The exhibition opens up five display areas:
• ‘Joyful Melodies’ where harmonious tunes are created from individual joys, interests, or personal thoughts. This section showcases artworks from the Personal Logo project of Foundation students and the Portrait project of Advanced students.
• ‘Abstract Adventures,’ what lies before you in this area? It features artworks from the abstract and imaginative thinking development projects of Foundation and Advanced students.
• ‘Calm Moments’ for relaxing with a pen before focusing on your work. This area includes practical exercises that connect students with themselves and their peers.
• ‘Tranquil Scenes,’ to appreciate the existing beauty around us. This section features artworks centered on landscapes.
• ‘Imaginary Friends’ where you are invited to play with imaginative fishy companions. This area showcases artworks from the ‘Fish from Various Perspectives’ project of Advanced students.
The Ngan Nga exhibition will run from October 28th to November 12th at VCVAA Flagship, located at the Youth Cultural House of Ho Chi Minh City, 4 Pham Ngoc Thach Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.